TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• THE CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
• Participation in the Contest constitutes the participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. Surfrider reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any participant it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules.
• This Contest does not constitute any contractual relationship between the parties, either express or implied. By participating in the Contest, all Contestants, the Winner, any guests, or users do hereby now and forever release Surfrider Foundation, its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, vendors, employees, agents, and associates (including, but not limited to, Facebook, friend2friend, other advertising and promotional agencies, award suppliers, accommodation and travel providers and their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns) (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, causes of action, losses, expenses, damages and liabilities arising out of or in any way relating to the participation in this Contest, and/or receipt or possession, use or misuse, of any prize or element thereof.
• The Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, illegitimate, or impermissible submissions or mail; postage due mail; or any other error whether human, mechanical, or electronic, including any technical malfunctions of the computer on-line system, computer equipment, hardware, or software. Surfrider is not liable for damage to a participant’s computer system in any way due to participation in the Contest or downloading of any information in connection with the Contest, including without limitation any server failure, lost, delayed or corrupted data, or other malfunction.
• Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules, and Surfrider’s decisions as to the administration of the Contest and prize awards are final. All entrants, Clients, and third parties agree that all decisions of Surfrider will be binding, final, and non-appealable. Information in the Contest is subject to change without notice. Surfrider makes no representations that the materials or information in this Contest are appropriate or available for use in other countries, states, or markets aside from the United States markets where Surfrider presently operates. Surfrider reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest, at any time prior to the determination of the Winner of the Contest. Reasons may include, but are not limited to, the occurrence of fraud, technical failures, or any other factor
beyond the reasonable control of Surfrider, which may impair the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Surfrider in its sole discretion. Surfrider will make a reasonable effort to give notice of such changes to the Contest.
• Caution: Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Surfrider reserves the right to disqualify the participant and seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Nothing contained in the Contest should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed in the Contest, or any license or right to use any other trademark owned by any third party. In the event that anyone misuses any Trademark in violation of these Terms and Conditions, Surfrider will enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including the seeking of criminal prosecution.
• Unauthorized use of the information, materials or the Contest itself is strictly prohibited and is a violation of the rights of Surfrider and/or third parties, including without limitation, under the copyright laws, trademark laws, and the laws of privacy and publicity. Previously published material for which non-exclusive rights were granted may be entered as long as Contestant still maintains the right to grant us a license. Contestant must be able to disclose when and where the design appeared previously to the current Contest. If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to Surfrider Foundation upon request.
• Surfrider makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise with respect to information made available concerning the Contest, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any omissions or errors (including without limitation typographical errors and technical errors) in the context of the Contest.
• Surfrider Foundation Maine Chapter maintains and operates this Contest from the state of Maine, in the United States. These Terms and Conditions are governed and interpreted under the laws of the state of Maine, United States of America. If any portion of these terms and conditions is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, then that part shall be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
• These Terms and Conditions set forth the entire understanding and agreement between the Contestant, Surfrider, and all other parties with respect to the Contest. Contestant acknowledges
that any other agreement between Surfrider, with respect to the Contest are superseded and of no force or effect.
• This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook.
PRIZE WINNERS AND OFFICIAL RULES. A copy of these Official Rules and the Contest results may be obtained by written request to Surfrider Maine, Attn. Maine EC P.O. Box 1662, Rockland, Maine 04841